Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Life Plan and Goals

It has been many months since I updated this blog. A lot has happen during these past few months. However I will not comment yet on what have happened in my country but glad on how my country has progressed in terms of politics and people maturity. This is a little update on what I have done past few months.

I have written down my goals. It is a long and pain staking work, plus it is also kinda mortifying experience for me. The reason being I discovered how I am lacking behind on my initially plan. This also serves as a refresher on what I have planned for previously.

From the book “I am gifted, so are you!” I learned to prepare a LIFE PLAN. Well, it is kind like what you want to experience through out your life. I had prepared my life plan. Being an introvert and shy person, I will not post up my life plan =P.

First, put up your age, preferably 10 years [e.g. from 28 to 38]. Then under the age, you can separate your goals into few groups like your career, family, self-improvement and etc. And have sub goals under the different groups. Of cause you have to review your goals maybe once a month and change it accordingly. A tough job if you ask me. I have trouble doing it myself, but have to persevere for my future sake.

I will just show the segment on my self-improvement goals [end of year 2008]:
a) Internet Business [earning RM 50/ month]
b) Blog [obtain 20 hits per day] - so, I will update my blog more regularly, at least once a month, but do help me out…. Please, =P
c) Find idea and prepare a framework to write a book! [Don’t laugh ok, starting this blog is an exercise for me to write better]
d) Find a set of 10 value investing counters [will dwell on it latter]

There you are, simple and clear goals. When preparing goals, it is important to write as precise as possible. For example, earn in internet business, however, how much you want to earn? That is why writing down as clear and as precise is good. Plus the year or age serve as a time frame for you. SO good goals must have DATE, NUMBERS and BE PRECISE.

Ok, that is the end on section on making goals. Goals help me to focus myself on my mundane lifestyle which is wake up, work, sleep, wake up, work, sleep, wake up……. for 365 days! Pathetic…

No comments: